1. Oregon (7-0) Last week’s position: 1
Many analysts believed Arizona State would be Oregon’s first true challenge, and boy were they wrong. This game was over by the end of the first quarter. Ducks cruise 43-21.
2. Oregon State (6-0) Last week’s position: 2
It wasn’t an exciting performance by the Beavers, but Oregon State took care of business against Utah, 21-7. The Utes’ 4 turnovers didn’t hurt, either.
3. USC (6-1) Last week’s position: 3
The Trojans beat Colorado a lot to a little. Shocking…
4. Stanford (5-2) Last week’s position: 4
Stepfan Taylor had a career day with 189 yards on the ground, and Stanford overwhelmed a bad California team, 21-3.
5. UCLA (5-2) Last week’s position: 6
Bye week. Next week’s game against ASU should be intriguing.
6. Arizona (4-3) Last week’s position: 8
After a much needed bye week, Arizona made a statement by crushing the Washington Huskies 52-17, giving the Wildcats the motivation they need heading into a home matchup against USC next week. Ka’Deem Carey appears to be one of the most underrated backs in the country.
7. Arizona State (5-2) Last week’s position: 6
After being destroyed by Oregon in the span of one quarter, Arizona State appears to be who we thought they were: a mediocre team with a front-loaded schedule of softies. ASU has a lot of work to do with defensive injuries to crucial players and a difficult schedule of UCLA, Oregon State and USC ahead.
8. Washington (3-4) Last week’s position: 7
Keith Price’s 3 turnovers did nothing to help Washington’s 52-17 loss to a refreshed Arizona team.
9. California (3-5) Last week’s position: 9
Not going to win many games with only one field goal…
10. Utah (2-5) Last week’s position: 10
Not going to win many games with only one touchdown either.
11. Washington State (2-5) Last Week’s position: 11
12. Colorado (1-6) Last week’s position: 12
Colorado may want to consider forfeiting their game against Oregon next week and getting a bye week instead.