1. Nationally, Arizona State (6-5) is 44th in passing yards, 44th in rushing yards, 28th in points for and 35th in points against. Arizona (7-4) is 24th in passing yards, 15th in rushing yards, 22nd in points for and 103rd in points against.
2. Arizona’s strength of schedule this year is the 3rd toughest in the nation. Arizona State’s SOS is ranked at 34.
3.Arizona is 3-3 against common opponents, while ASU is 2-4. The difference in record is the Devils’ loss to USC. Both teams have beat Colorado and Utah, and lost to UCLA, Oregon and Oregon State.
4. Arizona has scored an average of 29 points against common opponents and have given up an average of 40.6 (the large difference is mainly due to the 0-49 and 10-66 losses to Oregon and UCLA). Arizona State has scored an average of 32.5 points against common opponents and have given up an average of 31.
5. Arizona has averaged 462.5 yards against common opponents (241 yards in the air and 221 yards on the ground) and have given up an average of 537 (337 yards in the air and 200 yards on the ground). Arizona State has averaged 433 yards against common opponents (261 yards in the air and 172 yards on the ground) and have given up 380 (185 yards in the air and 195 yards on the ground).
7. Arizona is 6-1 at home. Arizona State is 2-3 on the road.
8. Arizona’s Matt Scott has a 61% completion rate and has thrown for 3008 yards. Ka’Deem Carey averages 6.3 yards per carry and leads the nation in rushing with 1585 yards. Austin Hill averages 16.5 yards per reception and has 1119 yards. Arizona State’s Taylor Kelly has a 67% completion rate and has thrown for 2581 yards. Cameron Marshall averages 4.3 yards per carry and has rushed for 503 yards. Chris Coyle averages 12.5 yards per reception and has 639 yards.
9. Arizona and Arizona State both have 21 turnovers each. Arizona State, however, has only given up 343 yards in penalties, whereas Arizona has given up 678.
10. Arizona has had its best offensive production in the 3rd quarter and its worst in the 1st. Arizona State has had its best offensive production in the 1st quarter and its worst in the 3rd. Arizona has fared best defensively in the 1st quarter and its worst in the 2nd, while Arizona State has done well defensively in the 4th and not so good in the 2nd.
Topics: Arizona Wildcats