The 3-0 Arizona Wildcats are set to open their Pac-12 slate against No. 16 Washington on Saturday. Here are some news and notes in anticipation of this weekend’s matchup:
- Sophomore linebacker Sir Thomas Jackson is set to return home this weekend to play against his dream school, writes Daniel Berk of the Arizona Daily Star.
- Wildcats head coach Rich Rodriguez‘ development of the up-tempo offense has revolutionized college football, writes Berk.
- Former UA quarterback Tom Savage is one of nine former Wildcats on college football rosters, writes Anthony Gimino of the Tucson Citizen.
- The Huskies defense is hoping to ride a strong performance last week into their matchup with Arizona, writes Adam Jude of the Seattle Times.
- The Wildcats are now ranked 32nd in the AP Top 25 and 29th in the USA Today Poll.
- CBSSports.com’s Jerry Palm and ESPN.com’s Ted Miller both predict that the Wildcats will make the Las Vegas Bowl.
- Arizona stayed at No. 7 in Miller’s weekly Pac-12 Power Rankings. They were ranked sixth in Athlon Sports’ Post-Week 4 Pac-12 Power Rankings.
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson (offense), Oregon State cornerback Steven Nelson (defense) and USC punter Kris Albarado (special teams) were named Pac-12 Players of the Week.
- Safety Jourdon Grandon (ankle), offensive lineman Fabbians Ebbele (ankle) and defensive lineman Dan Pettinato (knee) are all expected to play Saturday. Wide receiver David Richards (knee) remains questionable.
- Here is the transcript from Monday’s weekly press conference.
Check back here throughout the week for more coverage of this weekend’s game.