In case you missed it, here are scores and links from this past weekend in Pac-12 football:
No. 16 Washington 31, Arizona 13
- After starting the season off with three straight wins, the Wildcats went up to Seattle and lost 31-13 in the rain to the Washington Huskies.
- The Washington defense shut down the Arizona offense, writes Greg Hansen of the Arizona Daily Star.
- Anthony Gimino of TucsonCitizen.com wrote about how the weather hurt an already woeful Arizona passing offense.
- Daniel Berk of the Arizona Daily Star handed out his position-by-position grades for the game.
- The Huskies were able to grind out the victory, writes Jesse Kennemer of The Husky Haul.
- Washington also moved up one spot to No. 15 in the AP Poll.
Around the Pac-12
- After a 55-41 loss to Arizona State, USC fired head coach Lane Kiffin. However, he was already well on his path to self-destruction, writes Matthew Moreno of Reign of Troy.
- Alicia de Artola handed out her “Studs and Duds” for the USC-ASU game.
- The Oregon Ducks continued their early season dominance by steamrolling the California Golden Bears 55-16, writes Daniel Abella of Golden Bear Lair.
- Stanford also kept rolling, defeating Washington State 55-17 in Seattle.
- Oregon State pushed their winning streak to four with a 44-17 blowout of Colorado.
- UCLA and Utah were both on bye weeks.
The Arizona Wildcats have a bye week before facing USC and new interim head coach Ed Oregon on Friday, September 10. The game will begin 7:30 p.m. (PST) and be broadcast live from the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum in Los Angeles on Fox Sports 1.
Tags: Arizona State Sun Devils Arizona Wildcats California Golden Bears Colorado Buffaloes Ed Orgeron Follow Index Lane Kiffin Oregon Ducks Oregon State Beavers Stanford Cardinal UCLA Bruins USC Trojans Utah Utes Washington Huskies Washington State Cougars