The Wildcats played well in their first game of the Pac-12 tournament right out of the gates against the Colorado Buffaloes, but Colorado was up for the task at least in the first half .
Would the Wildcats come out swinging or dragging their butts in the first half in their first game of the Pac-12 Tournament??
Well, they came out swinging. But so did Colorado. The Buffs dropped a few but came back from a seven-point deficit to lead the Cats in the first half by one point until Dusan hit a clutch floater. Arizona went into the locker room up by one point, 38-37.
Derrick White scored 31 points in total distributed evenly between the two halves. The Buffs main and only really scorers were White and Xavier Johnson (20 points). What White missed Johnson put back for two. The two could not beat the Wildcats alone.
First half highlights:
- Arizona Wildcats fans travelled to Vegas in droves and represented their school like no other
- Chance Comanche slammed in a couple of dunks, and defended well
- Dusan Ristic played improved defense, it was pointed out to us that he jumped more than usual
- The Big Men of Arizona showed up on Defense
- Keanu Pinder made a key block
- Allonzo effective driving to the basket
- Trier scored 12 points in the first half
- The bench scored nine points
Second half highlights:
- Dusan extended his shooting streak to seven out of eight (87.5%), he scored 10 points in the second half
- Rawle Alkins and Lauri Markkanen shot a couple of key clutch three’s
- Five Wildcats in double digits: Trier 20, Markkanen 19, Alkins and Ristic with 15 each and Kadeem Allen 13
- Parker Jackson Cartwright ended up with seven rebounds and seven assists
- Arizona led the entire second half
- Lauri made 13 of his 20 points in the second half
- The team made 80 percent of their free throws
Players Post game care of Alec White:
The Wildcats live to see another day, they play tomorrow night at 8:30 pm PST against either UCLA or USC. Oh goody…Bear Down Arizona!